So this is a current and back log of all the things I’ve wanted to do while traveling in certain places. Whether from study abroad, a class during college, or personal trips, you’ll find all you need to know about me here (mostly).
During my LAC tdy for work:
- Grab more music to add to my Spanish collection
- Take lots of photos, working on portraits and lighting
- Really work on my Spanish, because it’s disgustingly rusty
- Run everyday (this is more a long term goal..)
- MANAGUA! FRIENDS! HI!
- Explore on the weekends when I have a day off
Work trip to Chad:
- Not get killed (from heat/malaria/etc). Check
This is a list of things to do while in St. Lucia. Not as exciting as Nicaragua’s list, but I’m also only there for two weeks.
- Collect all the data for my thesis. The most important. Duh. Check!
- Explore the island. It’s only 27mi by 15 mi. Hah.Check, considering I circled it twice in two days.
Meet a bunch of St. Lucians. Make connections. You know. Fail.
- Learn about their culture and style of life, but also learn about the development process and political bullshit that I’m actually really interested in (nerd alert). Half-Check
This is a list on things I want to do while I’m abroad in Nicaragua. Hopefully I’ll get most of them done and be able to cross them off while adding more as I go.
- Actually go abroad. Completed 8/1/10
Become semi-fluent in Spanish (this is more difficult than it sounds, as most people try to talk to us in English)
- Learn to surf (Well I went in mid December 2010…wouldn’t say I learned though)
- Go to lots & lots of places!
- Visit the Pacific ocean. Completed 9/5/10.
- See turtles! December 2010!! So great!
- Come up with a thesis idea (…hah..) (I have an idea!! Need to check up on it though…so partially completed 9/16/10)
Volunteer teaching english/working at orphanage/something along those lines
- Do well in my classes so that they can transfer back and actually count towards something Hooray! Everything transfered AND 3 of them counted toward my major…baller Completed 12/2010
- Go to a nature reserve Completed 8/22
- Hike a volcano Completed 8/22
- Take lots of pictures Completed 12/15
- Make friends so reminiscing/visiting other new places is possible. Made 8/17/10…haha 🙂